Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We’ve been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our designers work alongside industry-leading copywriters and brand strategists, UX and product designers, project managers, and developers to create visually-rich, complex digital experiences and compelling products. Your work will include project discovery, strategy development, design presentation, visual design, brand development, and motion design. At this time, we’re hoping to hire a Designer with 2–5 years experience in digital design.
In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
– Are creative thinkers and visual storytellers.
– Begin work with thoughtful strategy and avoid elementary design solutions.
– Think beyond aesthetics and apply methodical problem solving to design.
– Are strong communicators and have the ability to articulate design decisions to a variety of audiences.
– Are mindful and skilled presenters.
– Create custom visuals as necessary to enhance content narratives or extend brand identity systems.
– Enjoy variety in their work, which may include early brand explorations, fine-tuning UI elements, and anything in between.
– Understand that motion design is an essential part of interactive design.
– Know how to make connections to create, extend, and enhance brand stories.
– Are considerate of accessibility, usability, and future-friendly web standards.
– Find it exciting to know their next project could involve AR/VR/XR, IOT, software, hardware, product design, design systems, or a marketing campaign, microsite, or large-scale website.
– Understand that digital design is fluid, flexible, and adaptive to an ever growing variety of screen sizes and dimensions.
– Are comfortable using modern digital design tools and open to learning new ones. We spend most of our time in Figma supplemented by apps in Adobe’s Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, etc.). Principal and Webflow are also emerging tools for us—experience a plus.
– Are interested in continual learning and sharing knowledge with others.
– Have grit and understand that hard work is simply part of the job.
– Make opportunities to be a part of a larger professional community.
You must also:
– Have an online portfolio you can share with us that includes a variety of web and UI design projects.
– Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with visual design.
How to Apply:
Use the link below to apply on our website. Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. Our recruiters, Erica and Margaret, will respond typically within a day or two.
To apply for this job please visit www.viget.com.