Coders, designers, artists, activists, students, and educators are all creating cutting-edge web apps on Glitch — the most friendly and thoughtful creative community on the web. And with a reach of more than a million people, we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a social media specialist to join the Glitch marketing team and help us continue cultivating a passionate, engaged community across our expanding network of social properties.
Glitch is a unique, fun brand with loads of personality, so we need someone who can express that while also helping creators be as successful as possible by showcasing the best projects and unique stories from the Glitch community.
You’ll spend your days:
- Creating and editing audio, video and images to market featured projects and showcase Glitch creators and their works, as well as our own content, like zines, podcasts, starter kits and apps.
- Crafting posts on our social media channels that help grow the Glitch audience and that folks want to share.
- Refining messaging so it resonates with our audience across multiple social media channels.
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- 2+ years experience creating engaging text, image, audio, and video content
- A keen interest in digital creation combined with a deep understanding of audience preferences, trends, and behaviors on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- A friendly personality with a demonstrated ability to interact with an online community in a fun, engaging way
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who has:
- Experience in refining content based on analytics
- An active interest in what’s happening across the arts and pop culture
This position is based at our beautiful new office in Lower Manhattan. While our office is in New York City, about half of our employees are all over the US and the world. When you work at HQ, you’ll be in a brand new office, carefully and thoughtfully designed to give each person both private and collaborative work spaces. You’ll be part of a remote work culture where all of our meetings are online and apps and tools like Slack and Google Hangouts are the normal way to communicate. Remote workers never end up struggling to hear a meeting where everybody in the office forgot that someone was on the other end of a speakerphone.
We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000 and we look at factors like your experience to determine our offer, which comes with a comprehensive benefits package. We don’t negotiate because we make our best possible offer up front—no games.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.