At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, without fuss. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale.
Who We Are:
The Segment Design team is growing to support marketing and brand initiatives, and we’re looking for people who can design for a growing audience of developers and marketers who are building unrivaled customer experiences. As a designer at Segment, you will work alongside other skilled designers, product leads, front-end developers, marketers and content architects to craft a range of communications that evolve our brand and build trust with our customers.
What We Do:
- Facilitate design sprints to promote creativity, problem framing, and alignment of strategic direction
- Discover insights through continuous customer, user, and collaborator engagement
- Collaborate with designers and developers to manage, curate, and expand our design system
- Employ best practices and design principles to help refine design decisions and prioritize work
- Stewards of the brand internally and externally
- Champion mindful and strategic creativity throughout all design and marketing initiatives
Who We’re Looking For:
- You can work collaboratively and cross-functionally to deliver design systems and solutions to ensure operational efficiency, brand consistency, and customer success
- Effectively handle a variety of requests on deadline, while being flexible to adjusting priorities
- You have strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- You have contributed to and shipped a variety of projects across a variety of mediums including print, digital and experiential
- You are familiar with assisting teams with presentation slides, infographics, and sourcing supporting imagery
- You can effectively ensure consistent implementation of our brand and style guidelines in the design of all internal and external materials, as well as give and solicit feedback from teammates to raise our bar for quality
- You are a strong conceptual thinker
- Curiosity in videography, motion graphics, or 3D a plus
- We are evolving our brand across multiple touch points and new business verticals. This will require a multi-faceted designer who simultaneously advocates for the brand internally and externally while pushing our brand forward.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing (Events, Product Marketing, Demand Gen, Brand) to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and marketing channels.
- 3-5 Years of graphic design experience
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant brand, advertising and growth marketing work, across various channels including email, web, mobile, and print. Please share a link to your portfolio.
- You have a passion for creating visually stunning and bold illustrations, icons, photography, video, and other forms of communication
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven track record of improving conversion rates
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, form-making. You don’t need to code, but you should understand at a high-level how digital products are made.
- You are able to collaborate closely with marketing managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met
- Deep familiarity with Sketch, Adobe creative suite, Office, etc.
- Experience working B2B or in-house a plus
All design positions require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear communication in all forms is key.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://segment.com/jobs/1105676-Brand-Designer →