NACo represents nearly 3.6 million county employees in D.C.
The National Association of Counties NACo announces an opening for a Graphic Designer to join our Public Affairs department. NACo, a prominent nonprofit in Washington, D.C., is the only organization that supports our nations’ counties’ elected officials through policy and advocacy work.
We’re looking for a talented visual thinker with great typography and problem-solving skills to join our team of collaborative creatives. If you relish the idea of designing for a cause – look no further!
Areas of work may include but are not limited to; branding, infographics, collateral, web design, publication design, production, presentation design, design for social media, print media and digital/motion graphics.
Candidates must have 3 years of experience producing graphic design in a nonprofit, design studio, in-house creative department or media environment. Candidate will possess extensive experience using the Adobe Creative Suite and have the ability to produce projects in both the print and digital space.
Required Skills/ Experience:
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
• Minimum of 3 years of design experience with clients in an in-house creative department, design studio or media company.
• Microsoft PowerPoint and Word experience a must
• HTML5 and CSS experience (+)
• Adobe After Effects and Premiere working knowledge (+)
• Front-end design using WordPress or other Apps (+)
• Collaborate across all departments to develop design materials
• Product and Event branding
• Publication design
• Web graphics and social media design
• Data visualization
• Presentation visuals
• Degree in graphic design, communications design or related relevant field
• A minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience
• Experience designing and producing publications and collateral
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Word
• Proficiency with designing in presentation tools such as PowerPoint and Keynote
• Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Premier
• Experience with digital asset management
• Strong design, typographic and layout skills
• Strict attention to detail and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to positively impact team
• Process-oriented and self-motivated
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity HTML5 and CSS
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or go on line for more information at www.NACo.org.
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; transportation subsidy, tuition reimbursement; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans, credit union membership; and short-term/long-term disability coverage.
NACo and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
***Note: This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19; but, once it is deemed safe to return to the office, would work from our Washington, D.C. headquarters.
Please CC your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit www.naco.org.