Website Minnesota State University, Mankato
The Department of Art and Design seeks forward-thinking candidates specializing in interactive and emerging design technologies including but not limited to AR, data visualization, UI/UX or VR to teach beginning to advanced courses in Interactive Design. The ideal candidate will have continued evidence of appropriate professional and/or creative activity in interactive and emerging design technologies and the ability to contribute to the development of this area in collaboration with graphic design faculty.
– A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
– The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
– May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university’s additional locations, as assigned.
– The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation, conduct research productively and mentor students in research, help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion, and may be expected to develop external grant funding opportunities.
– All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, in contributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the IFO Master Agreement).
– This position will advise undergraduate majors.
MA (plus tested experience), MFA, terminal degree, or equivalent degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Interactive Design, Art, or a related discipline with an emphasis in Graphic Design/Interactive Design, (degree must be conferred on an official transcript and received in Human Resources before August 15, 2022).
Expertise with relevant emerging design technologies and software in the area of interactive design.
Continued evidence of appropriate professional and/or creative activity in interactive and emerging design technologies including but not limited to AR, data visualization, UI/UX, VR or related specialties.
Demonstrated ability to serve a diverse population and apply an equity lens to this position including social justice and/or anti-racism.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to January 11, 2022.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is an Afﬁrmative Action/Equal Opportunity University and a member of the Minnesota State System” or, if space is limited, “AA/EOE and a member of the Minnesota State System. Applicants will be directed
To apply for this job please visit minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com.