• Are you a senior designer who loves to uncover innovative digital opportunities?
• Do you relish the challenge of solving client problems in a complex and emerging financial services space?
• Do you sometimes have ‘too many ideas’ and are constantly imagining what is possible?
• Join us. We need your brain.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A senior design generalist to lead project work that explores improvements to the client experience on iShares.com. This is a hands-on individual contributor role doing research, defining opportunities, creating mockups, and testing prototypes. You are a designer’s designer with a mix of tools in your toolbox: visual design, ux design, ux research, workshopping, and prototyping. You can clearly explain your work and are equally comfortable communicating with co-workers and c-suite leaders. Previous experience and interest in financial and investor services is important.
You will be based in our NYC office (currently Midtown Manhattan but moving to Hudson Yards this fall/winter). We work primarily in-person, in the office, with some remote work.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
The iShares Digital Design Team is a global team of over 65-people with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, and Budapest. We’re a growing a team of skilled designers, product managers, developers, and operations folks. Our mission is to transform iShares.com into the most trusted, valued, and relevant digital experience for our client investors.
Within the Digital Design Team, the Strategy squad is a small, cross-functional team (design, product, and operations) working to uncover future-leaning digital opportunities. You will be working directly with the Strategy Design Director (NY) in your day-to-day, with additional collaboration from the Strategy Program Manager, Product Manager, and Head of Strategy (London).
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY ROLE
• Connect business needs to client needs with great ux design & patterns
• Conduct & synthesize research: facilitate client & SME interviews, run client & usability testing, conduct industry & content audits, define opportunity areas, prioritize ideas, etc.
• Comfortable leading a user-centered discovery phase for projects, such as running workshops and facilitating discussions with partners
• Design wireframes, create high fidelity mockups, and build prototypes to be used to validate ideas plus socialize to partners
• Collaborate with key project team members, including visual designers, researchers, product managers, and technology leads to create best-in-class client experiences
• Expertise in managing the ambiguity of working in and defining unknown spaces, and guiding design work through to original and powerful outcomes
• Always thinking about opportunities not limitations
• Self-directed and comfortable working in dynamic conditions that require fast iterations, quick context shifts, and rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work
• An instinct to infuse empathy and behavioral analysis into all aspects of your work and advocate for it within teams and with non-designer colleagues
• A passion for human-centered design and the drive to champion it to our clients
YOU ARE EXPERT IN
• Running discovery innovation work
• Developing UX artifacts such as wireframes, prototypes, user journeys
• Using the usual tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Miro, Powerpoint, and others to create work
• Communication and storytelling through presentation
• 8+ years digital design experience in either product or agency environments
• Portfolio work samples that show deep UX thinking, sophisticated problem solving, opportunity-oriented thinking, and polished visual design expertise
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackrock.com.