Friendly Design Co is seeking a New Business & Marketing Specialist. As our Friendly Specialist, you will be responsible for utilizing exemplary writing skills to support our project and client pipeline.
This position collaborates with both prospective clients and our internal team by handling the day-to-day management of our inquiries, marketing, and pipeline; while aligning proposals with the team’s process and making sure we share the accomplishments our team achieves with client partners. You should have a penchant for writing (proposals or copy for projects), an enthusiasm for marketing, and an ability to work independently on multiple projects. Our Specialist also has an interest in the general concepts of web design & development, branding, and print design.
Friendly’s work primarily involves visual identity design and website design & development. We are collaborators, both internally and externally, who work with niche and not-for-profit clients that not only believe in doing good work for their audiences, but who also respect our process and people. We are purposeful, practical, and thoughtful while being open, spirited, and fun. We create delightful experiences for our clients and their audiences and design the best possible solution to the challenge at hand. A successful candidate for this position should exhibit both an interest in the role, and applying their work to improve our communities.
This position may be filled by a remote applicant in the U.S., but our preference is for a candidate near one of our offices in Washington, DC or Omaha, NE.
Roles & Responsibilities
Support new inquiry processes for prospective clients, helping build trusting relationships
– Attend phone or virtual meetings to take notes and provide updates
– Draft, edit, and review proposals
– Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects in Pipedrive CRM
– Monitor and provide a brief analysis of sales pipeline reports
Lead client research and outreach
– Identify decision makers within target accounts to initiate sales process
– Work closely with Managing Director to identify target customer profile lists and execute strategic prospecting plans
– Conduct ongoing research projects on target industry trends and competitive insights
Manage Friendly marketing and promotional efforts
– Write in-depth project case studies for Friendly website and sales documents
– Write for and manage Friendly’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Dribbble
– Create regular blog posts that are relevant to our target markets
– Assist with creating email marketing campaigns
– Research and identify important events and speaking opportunities for Friendly’s partners
– Make basic updates to our website through WordPress
– Maintain organization email lists
– Assist with promotional event planning
– Ship marketing collateral
Help with day-to-day operations, including administrative duties
– Order and maintain supplies as needed
– Maintain and manage business development files and file structure
Complete other projects as directed by Friendly Partners
– 3-5 years of sales, marketing, communications, or related experience
– Strong knowledge of the creative process
– Exceptional writing and editing ability with an eye for detail
– Experience with multifaceted teams
– Working knowledge of web development technologies
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Technical proficiency in Google Workspace, WordPress, and MailChimp all a plus
– Experience working in a creative agency, with non-profits, or with socially-conscious clients is preferred.
– Well organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time
– Ability to remain on task and complete assignments and projects in a timely manner while working remotely
– Entrepreneurial mindset to innovate, improve processes, and share new ideas
– Cultivate and maintain enthusiasm for our work
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on being highly responsive
– Proven ability to cultivate lasting client and team relationships
– State-of-the-art workstation
– Remote and flex work
– Commensurate with experience, likely $22-30/ hour
At Friendly, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities. If this job listing doesn’t describe you perfectly but you feel there is a strong reason for you to be considered, get in touch and tell us why you want to work with us!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.