Are you a Friendly UX/UI Designer?
Friendly Design Co seeks a full-time UX/UI Designer. This position conceptualizes and designs websites and interactive experiences, including leading user experience, interaction design, and visual design processes.
We are looking for a concept driven mid- to senior-level interaction designer to join our team. As a member of the team you will be working in a collaborative environment to produce both user experiences and interfaces for websites and applications, working closely with developers and the rest of our design team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about creating meaningful work.
Our ideal candidate seeks to expand their skills and try new tools, and pushes themselves to do so. They have a keen eye for details and a drive for staying organized; feel confident presenting and defending their ideas and decisions; appreciate new technology; know visual design and and brand identity trends and best practices; understand usability and accessibility; and love typography.
Design can do more than look good— it can do good too.
Friendly’s work primarily involves visual identity design and website design & development. We are collaborators, both internally and externally, who work with niche and not-for-profit clients that not only believe in doing good work for their audiences, but who also respect our process and people. We are purposeful, practical, and thoughtful while being open, spirited, and fun. We create delightful experiences for our clients and their audiences and design the best possible solution to the challenge at hand. A successful candidate for this position should exhibit both an interest in the role, and applying their work to improve our communities.
This position may be filled by a remote applicant in the U.S., but our preference is for a candidate near one of our offices in Washington, DC or Omaha, NE.
Roles & Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate:
– Can work on and lead entire projects and specific phases of the design process (bidding new business, UX workshops and activities, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and working with developers) to create a successful finished product
– Collaborates with a close-knit team of designers, developers, and strategists; providing guidance to colleagues where needed
– Communicates directly with clients and vendors, often leading creative processes, presentations, and reviews
– Self-manages to complete tasks and meet deadlines on a variety of projects
– 5+ years designing websites, applications, or other interactive media
– Comfort leading a user experience design process
– Experience creating detailed user interfaces and interactive visual design
– Demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers to build a final product
– Knowledge of HTML and CSS
– Mastery of Creative Suite, Sketch, and ideally Figma
– Comfort with WordPress and modern content management systems
– Experience with InVision, and other prototyping and interactive design tools
– Bonus: Illustration or brand design experience skills
– Bonus: HTML and CSS proficiency
If this job listing and requirements don’t describe you perfectly but you feel there is a strong reason for you to be considered, get in touch and tell us why you want to work with us!
– Full Medical insurance from one of our Gold Tier plans
– Full Dental and Vision Insurance
– Life and Disability Insurance
– Generous PTO, medical leave, and Holidays
– Up to 12 weeks of concurrent Parental leave
– Simple IRA matching
– Professional development budget
– Membership dues for professional association of your choice
– State-of-the-art workstation
– Generous remote and flex work
– Monthly team outings (and by outings these days, we mean everyone sets their Zoom background to a faraway land)
At Friendly, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, people with disabilities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.