About the role
Glitch intends to be the company that sets the standard for being the most humane, thoughtful company creating technology today. We need a leader to help us get there, an inventive and forward-thinking visionary who can help Glitch become the example other companies look to when considering how to treat people well. Glitch began as Fog Creek Software 18 years ago, and even in our new incarnation, we have a long legacy of putting people first. We want our new Director of People Operations to continue to set the bar for how employees should be valued at work.
Glitch is already innovating in new ways to make a better workplace, and the right person for this job will take those efforts to the next level. In the past year alone, we’ve implemented company-wide salary transparency (see what Bloomberg had to say), formalized a climate leave policy in response to extreme weather across the US, open-sourced our employee handbook to share how we run our company, and seen our largest increase ever in the number of underrepresented applicants to our open positions while increasing women in leadership roles within the company. Next, we’ll set — and achieve — specific, measurable, public, accountable inclusion goals, with the help of our new Director of People Ops. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Understands how to effectively scale a quickly growing team and build processes to support nurturing company values and evolving company culture as the company expands
- Has extensive knowledge of building and scaling recruiting systems and employee retention programs, as well as fluency in best practices in compensation and benefits
- Relishes working with distributed teams, with insight into the joys and challenges of remote work, and enthusiasm for growing a team both in our HQ and remotely
- Is deeply committed to inclusion in the workplace, and fluent in the broader cultural conversation about inclusion, as well as the backlash against such efforts
- Is interested in communicating publicly about Glitch’s company culture efforts, with a focus on employer branding efforts as we grow
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who will:
- Embody our company values in both their internal and external efforts
- Deeply engage our workers and our community in making decisions that affect them
- Lead by example with transparent communication across all levels of the company
- Manage and mentor a growing team of people and operations staff
- Strategically push the company culture forward to help establish Glitch as the best tech company anyone can work for
This position reports directly to our CEO, and is part of the small executive team at Glitch. Compensation is $140-$165k depending on experience, in addition to substantial equity and a full suite of benefits. This position is based in our new headquarters in New York City.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.