We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the Glitch Platform team and focus on building a reliable and secure infrastructure for our rapidly growing user base. This role will be key as we scale Glitch while ensuring quality performance of all projects on the platform. You’ll be joining a hybrid team of operations engineers and developers, so if you’re excited or intrigued by spending part of your day writing code and fixing bugs – this could be the right job for you!
We’re looking for people with:
- Plenty of experience with AWS, but we don’t care as much about certifications as we do about your willingness to jump in and problem solve, and eagerness to learn as you go
- Previous experience with SaaS products and running servers. Once you’re up to speed on the team you’ll join the on call rotation as well.
- Experience with at least one programming language, plus interest and excitement around writing code and fixing bugs throughout the work day
- Comfort in handling the occasional IT administration task, including office systems and infrastructure
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- Experience using terraform and puppet
- First hand knowledge and understanding of the growing pains of scaling a platform 10x or more
- Familiarity with using Docker
Most importantly, we’re looking for:
- Someone who can adapt, be flexible and learn new technologies quickly. We’re moving quickly and have no intention of slowing down!
This position is based at our beautiful new office in Lower Manhattan, though we’ll happily consider remote candidates as well. While our office is in New York City, about half of our employees are all over the US and the world. When you work at HQ, you’ll be in a brand new office, carefully and thoughtfully designed to give each person both private and collaborative work spaces. You’ll be part of a remote work culture where all of our meetings are online and apps and tools like Slack and Google Hangouts are the normal way to communicate. Remote workers never end up struggling to hear a meeting where everybody in the office forgot that someone was on the other end of a speakerphone.
We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is $100K to $115K and we look at factors like your experience to determine our offer, which comes with a comprehensive benefits package. We don’t negotiate because we make our best possible offer up front–no games.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.