Website Design Action Collective
Web and Graphic Design Collective for Social Justice
Design Action Collective is hiring for a Web Developer, whose main work will be building and maintaining custom WordPress themes for our clients.
– build and support WordPress sites.
– develop custom WordPress themes using Sage 9 templating system, which includes Blade, SCSS, JS, Webpack, Composer, npm.
– create and maintain documentation for web processes.
– peer review each other’s work to help find new solutions.
– proactively recognize and assess the needs of our clients and movement partners.
– collaborate with project managers, information architects, designers and other developers to – estimate project scope, determine feasibility of designs, and do quality assurance checks on finished products.
– answer client questions and train clients on how to use their websites.
– commit your code using Git.
– handle hacked sites.
-participate in collective, department, and committee meetings and take on internal operations work as needed to co-manage our collectively owned business.
And you may take on other responsibilities depending on your interests, skills, and experience.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?*
*We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, especially if you are a woman, trans or non-binary, BIPOC, disabled, or from another marginalized group.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
– experience with translating design mockups into code templates.
– experience with and/or understanding of open-source content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal), but especially WordPress.
– proficiency in industry standard design software such as Adobe CS and Sketch.
– proficiency in cross-platform and browser-compatible HTML/CSS/SASS.
– knowledge of Sage 9, Advance Custom Fields.
– familiarity with best practices for making websites that are accessible to people who use screen readers and other assistive technologies.
– the ability to juggle multiple projects (3-4) while staying on deadline or communicating any obstacles to teammates in a timely manner.
– interest and involvement in progressive social change work and/or worker-owned cooperatives.
– interest and/or experience with business ownership (this position is on a path of collective ownership of our business).
– agreement with our Points of Unity.
View the full job description  to see what else we’d love to see.
WHAT ARE PAY AND BENEFITS LIKE?
The position is full time (37.5 hrs/week) at $31/hr**, beginning as a remote position.
Our starting benefits include:
– 10 days of paid wellness/sick time each year
– 10 days of paid vacation time each year, with increase after the first two years; 10 paid holidays each year
– full health, dental, and vision insurance
– Flex Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical expenses, dependent care, and transportation. And more benefits come when you become an owner after 9 months of candidacy.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter that mentions how you heard about us, and
code samples and project examples with a line or two about your role in each project, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more details about this role? Check out the full job description. 
BIPOC (BLACK, INDIGENOUS, AND PEOPLE OF COLOR), WOMEN, GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE, AND LGBTQAI++ PEOPLE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
** Pay rates are not negotiable (all employees receive the same pay rate).
 Full job description: https://designaction.org/4444-2/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com