The Buffer marketing team delights in helping people grow their businesses and advocating for a more humane workplace. We are a cohesive, dedicated, fun-loving bunch who are committed to driving awareness for the Buffer brand and acquiring customers for the Buffer product. We emphasize high-quality work. We value respect, trust, and affirmation. We want each teammate to feel fulfilled in their work. Want to join us? We’d love to meet you.
Our marketing efforts reach more than 10 million people each year and bring in more than 30,000 new Buffer users each month. We’d love to welcome a marketing designer to the team to help shape our brand and deliver a high-quality experience to our audience and our customers!
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer. We’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences. As a remote team, we’re lucky to be have the chance to add teammates from anywhere in the world!
We value creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are actively working on building a culture where underrepresented groups can flourish. People from non-traditional backgrounds are especially invited to apply!
What You’ll Do:
• Own the visual communication of the Buffer brand across all digital channels.
• Refine and expand our brand kit, UI kit, and style guide. Get to know the vision and values of Buffer and translate these into brand elements that are cohesive, modern, and inviting.
• Create brand assets such as logos, iconography, illustrations, color palettes, patterns and other design elements when needed. Work on a range of ambitious projects including, but not limited to, identity design and systems, web design, UI/UX design, content graphics, social media graphics, event collateral, print materials, internal collateral, infographics, storyboards, and illustrations.
• Execute design requests in a timely manner and at an impeccable quality.
•Help the team produce its best work by clearly communicating brand guidelines regarding typography, color, layout, and art direction.
• Ensure Buffer visual design and brand consistency in all assets by producing high-quality visual designs and illustrations yourself or assisting the team with rules and templates to follow.
• Stay informed about competitors, best practices, existing initiatives, past projects, and customer research. Use data about the customer experience and visitor experience to improve designs across all digital channels.
Helpful Skills and Experience
• Direct experience developing brand guidelines, designing responsive web pages and sites, creating marketing collateral and ad campaigns, and leading a brand. (In many cases, this will mean you have been doing this work for years. We’re also open to hearing from you if you show a high level of competence, regardless of experience. As a general guideline, successful candidates typically have 3+ years of experience.)
• A beautiful portfolio to share, with examples of brand guidelines/style guides you’ve created and the pages and graphics you’ve built using those guides.
Strong design sense, a solid understanding of color theory and type theory, and ability to articulate why a design works (or doesn’t).
• Ability to create assets and templates given a set of brand guidelines, and own and evolve those brand guidelines in accordance with the vision of the company.
• High level of competency in at least one major design package (Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, etc).
• A good understanding of how designs impact conversion and brand awareness. Good instinct for content and copy is a plus!
• Ability to rapidly execute campaigns and experiments while championing a high degree of polish, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience with UX/UI design and a passion for designing delightful user journeys.
To apply, please visit the Buffer Journey page at https://journey.buffer.com/
To apply for this job please visit journey.buffer.com.