More than 4 million users and 70,000 paying customers depend on Buffer, and we’re grateful to work every day developing intuitive features to make their experience better. We’re looking for a backend or full-stack web product developer to join our Publish Product Engineering team. Are you interested in implementing new ideas and building helpful, easy-to-use social media software? We’d love to have you join us!
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer with teammates all around the world. We are actively working to create an inclusive environment and value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds. Our team is made up of developers who hail from startups to the theatre – we’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences.
As a Product Engineer at Buffer, you will:
- Support our Buffer Publish product, build new product features, write and scale new services as we transition to micro-services and maintaining the core API.
- Help us with an exciting transition! We are currently transitioning from a PHP backend monolith with Backbone.js and React.js, to a service-oriented architecture with micro-services built in Node.js or Go and React components on the frontend.
- Work within our product engineering teams, collaborating with product managers, designers, data analysts, customer advocates, engineering managers and more using tools like GitHub, Zoom, email, Discourse, Slack and Jira.
Working at Buffer is collaborative and positive thanks to our core values. We try to be “No Ego Doers” who are aware of our assumptions, and joining us means you’ll work together as a team in order to test and confirm our ideas.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- You have experience as a backend or full-stack developer in any procedural language, working on backend systems with meaningful production traffic.
You are keen to write and maintain tests where needed and appreciate the importance of working effectively with legacy codebases.
- You have a proactive mindset toward fixing and responding to any issues and integrating feedback.
- Experience working with PHP, Node.js or Go would be helpful.
- Experience building micro-services with Kubernetes would be helpful.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://journey.buffer.com/product-engineer/en →