What we do may surprise you!
AARP publications is seeking an ambitious editorial Designer to join our creative team, working on department design for AARP The Magazine (America’s most-read magazine), AARP Bulletin, digital versions of both publications, and special projects. We’re looking for a multitasker, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a proactive work style—eager to develop multiple solutions for design challenges. The ability to juggle and independently prioritize multiple projects is a must.
- Art concept stories, design department pages and assign illustration for both publications, and digital versions, working directly with story and photo editors
- Ability to take direction from senior design staffers, while first problem-solving independently
- Submit and track department entries for award competitions
- Handle the purchase card for the department
- Input illustrator contracts and upload imagery to the digital asset management system
- Assist the Digital Editions Specialist with digital layouts
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop required; DPS experience a plus
- Knowledge and interest in editorial design
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Must embrace teamwork and collaboration, with the ability to work well under pressure, multitask and adhere to tight deadlines
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented—strong organizational and time-management skills are a must
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply online
go to: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_0yUtN.e-K
go to: www.aarp.org/careers and search for job ID 12459782
To apply for this job please visit adtrk.tw.