We’re looking for an engineering manager for our web product engineering team. You’ll be supporting 6-8 engineers across 1-2 teams and reporting to a director of engineering.
At Buffer, we value engineering managers who are able to craft a fulfilling work environment for each engineer and lead effective teams where folks are productive and contributing at a high level.
We value creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are actively working on building a culture where under-indexed groups are truly welcomed and can flourish. As a leader on our team, we expect that you will contribute actively to this aspect of our culture.
As an Engineering Manager at Buffer, you will:
- Lead engineering team(s) to ship high quality software on predictable schedules during our six-week product cycles.
- Manage the context in which team members operate, including:Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Translate engineering team vision into action
- Coordinate with Product Managers and other areas such as Quality, Marketing and Customer Advocacy.
- Have regular one on ones with engineers, where you will:Set expectations, provide regular feedback & keep team members accountable
- Develop a strong two-way feedback loop where you share organizational context and build a deep understanding of the engineer and how they work
- Support engineers and help reach a resolution when challenges arise
- Craft a fulfilling and engaging work experience through regular career growth and development conversation
- Iterate and improve our engineering processes and technical culture
- Participate in hiring and onboarding of engineers
- Maintain a strong and up-to-date understanding of the challenges and opportunities your team is facing building and deploying software. Most of your time won’t be spent coding, but you should get your hands in the code regularly to maintain context.
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer that has the chance to add teammates from anywhere in the world! We’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- You have experience leading an engineering team, either as an engineering manager, or as a senior engineer/technical lead.
- You’re capable of leading globally distributed team members who might have different skill sets from your own.
- You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed. Our buffer-web repo is currently transitioning from a php backend monolith with Backbone.js and React.js, to a service-orientated architecture using Node.js with React components. The API remains in PhP.
- You have very strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- You’re comfortable with participatory management. You have a track record of holding a team accountable to goals and aligned with company-wide strategic priorities, while maintaining high levels of autonomy on your team.
Salary range: $115-137k (Our salary formula adjusts to your experience!)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://grnh.se/37l0mb1 →